About Big Dumb Guild
Our goal is to progress as quickly as possible without the typical raid schedule of other guilds. To that end, we build our raid off performance first. It doesn't matter if you've been in the guild for 1 week or 3 years, if you're the best choice for the fight, you will be in the raid. Also, be really big and dumb.
BDG prides itself of having a extremely low-toxicity environment, and we take active steps to address players who start to act out of line on this. Our average guild age is ~26 and our goal is to have the trifecta of high-end raiding, low time commitment, and great atmosphere. We mostly make dad jokes and puns, and while fun is a huge priority in our raid we have high expectations for how everyone in the raid performs. Near 100% attendance is expected (bearing emergency or holidays) and at least a couple hours of research on each fight in the instance. The idea is that we spend our raid time progressing on things we couldn't have known ahead of time, and not learning what we already put in the encounter guide. Not putting in the same effort as everyone else is a serious dick move, bro, and we'll recruit over you.
Applying to BDG
Application periods will generally last until you've proven yourself on at least one "hard" progression boss. Depending on whether you join before or after progression, this could last anywhere from 1-6 months. Sometimes you may be performing well, we just don't know where you fit in our core comp, so we wait while we make final decisions on other applicants and members. Applicants are not "lesser" than raiders in gear considerations or hierarchy. We welcome you to act as a member while you're an applicant.
We don't recruit for bench. If we accept your application, there is a spot we believe you can earn. Of course, failed trials are welcome to stay on as backup raiders and come in on Heroic clears and progression as needed.
We require a minimum age of 21 to join the guild, but exceptions have been made in the past if you really have your shit together. Our average guild age is about 26.
We raid 9-1 CST Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Be online 30m early and be at the instance 15m early, we pull by 9pm every night. Illidan will have queues on major patch days, plan around this! Angry assignments, BDLC, bigwigs, and weakauras are required addons in our raid, they help with assignments and distributing loot.
Lootcouncil is our loot system. Attendance > Performance > Upgrade Amount > Last to recieve loot.
Bench-time is inevitable as we trial new players and work around the gear curve. If you're on standby you don't have to sit outside of the instance and wait, but we do ask that you watch streams and keep apprised of the encounter if its during progression. We make comp changes quickly and frequently during progression to ensure we're bringing the best team. You'll get your shot, make it count.
Just a few things we expect from every member.
- Check the website every day: This is how we distribute strats and information to our members. We expect you to not only read every post but to contribute as often as you can. We can see when you log in and when you don't #nsa
- Fully optimize your character: This is a given, raiding 101.
- Research every strategy in full: Know every boss just as well as the raid leaders do. We put a lot of work into building strategies, images, and weakauras for every boss. We ask that you put in a fraction of the time to fully digest them.
- Minimize random AFK's in raid: We'll give a 10m break halfway through every raid, try and save water and bathroom till then. If you do have to AFK, let the raid know so we don't sit there wondering what happened.
- Post on the attendance forums if you have to miss a raid: Again, our forums is how we distribute information, telling an officer does not suffice.
- If you're listening to music during raid, listen to it very quietly: Ultimately, you're no use to us if you can't follow directions on the first call. We need you to hear us.
- Use your mic, but use it well: We obviously don't need 20 raid leaders, but if we're coordinating things and ask you a question, we need a quick, concise, and clear response.
- Be well rested for raid: Raiding takes a real life obligation, and while that's not for everyone it is a requirement if you're in our guild. No sleeping through raid or falling asleep midway through. This should be obvious.
- Streaming: BDG is happy to be one of the few cutting edge progression guilds that allow our raiders to stream - however this is a privilege. A few rules regarding streaming during progression.
- Your interaction with your stream needs to be limited. Make a text overlay explaining common questions and give more commands to your chat bot. You can't be talking to your chat between pulls while we talk about adjustments to strategy or talk about mistakes to learn from them. You need to hear all of it and engage with the raid.
- During a pull, even during farm, you cannot glance over at your chat and start talking to your stream.
- If you want to play music for your stream and entertain them, route it through a different audio source using Virtual Audio Cable or be okay with it being extremely quiet. This is rule #6 above.
- Remember that we can view your streams, too. You're representing the guild while you stream. It's a slippery slope, venting your frustration as toxicity to your stream is not ok and things you say will likely be clipped by your viewers.
This may be updated at a future date, but this should be all you need to get an idea of our guild. If you have any questions feel free to contact an officer in game. Also if you read all the above, please mention so in your app. Good luck!